my list of a few different types and symptoms of racism (white supremacy).
what other types would you add?
1. Overt (violent/aggressive racist)
2. Not overt but openly racist. (Says the nword with a degree of pride)
3. Covert/Hypocrites (often in our nation’s institutions, will often pretend to like black folks then call them the nword behind their back). Works indirectly and/or covertly to maintain white supremacist codes, policies, and systems. And perhaps the most popular racist mentality today.
4. Hiding/running (avoids the reality of our white supremacist culture, denies, dismisses, often can be heard saying it’s too divisive to talk about racism, colorblind etc.)
5.White nationalist (usually conservatives that work to maintain the power and status of whites)
6.willfully ignorant (unwilling to change even when they know their beliefs are racist or discriminatory).
7.ignorant (supposedly has never questioned the morality of their racist or racially insensitive beliefs).
8. internalized (Person of color who often promotes and conforms to white supremacist ideals.
9. Projectors (finds comfort in the delusion that black and brown supremacy is somehow oppressive too white folks).
10. Selective (has family and/or friends that are “acceptable presentations of black” but outside of that they are covertly and subtly racist)
11. Savior (arrogantly believes that black and brown folks are incapable of helping themselves without white assistance).
12.Defensive (only looks at white supremacy in the context of “they want me to feel guilty” and the never ending saga of defending white folks racially)
13. fearfully ignorant. (Those that are afraid of black people for no logical reason, but still blame black people for appearing “scary”. Like blaming the clown for your phobia).
14. unintended (Says and does things to PoC without ever realizing or understanding why it’s offensive).
15. Whitewashing (to put a white spin and bias on everything, from history to media to education to religion to entertainment to art to culture to politics, etc, etc).
16. Institutional (our systems of white supremacy that operates in our nation’s institutions: healthcare, housing, justice, financial, education, employment, corporate, etc, etc.)
17. Silent (sits in the silence of racial injustice and immorality by turning a deaf ear and a blind eye to white supremacy and therefore becoming racism’s biggest support system.)