WELCOME TO THE BLACK BOY
Pubs across England called The Black Boy are generally named after King Charles II. It was a nickname coined by his mother because of the darkness of his skin and eyes.
King Charles is credited with popularising champagne drinking and yachting in England.
The original Black Boy was closer to the Warwick Road than the building that stands today, the new premises were built in 1793 because of the new canal trade.
History marched on with the death of Nelson, the American Civil War, the fall of Napoleon and two World Wars. Throughout all these years the Black Boy has served the community and many famous customers cruising on the canal.
The Black Boy is now owned by the Rigby Family, who in 1993 restored it to earn a reputation as one of the finest public houses in the midlands